Every wedding is unique in its own way. And this is especially true when it comes to the toasts that are given. Whether you are toasting to the happy newlyweds, or if you yourself are toasting to your own marriage, each word should be carefully thought out and written with confidence.
To say that a wedding toast is just a quick array of written words is certainly an understatement! The toasts given should reflect the happy couple, the relationship they have built and the overall happiness that their marriage should blossom with.
Here at Rose Petal Events, we strive to ensure that each and every wedding is as unique as the couple themselves. That is why we have gathered the top tips to creating the best wedding toast for the big day. If you are in seek of some inspiration, be sure to continue reading to learn more:
- Humor. Each toast should have a bit of humor. While weddings are of course serious occasions, they should also promote laughter and excitement. From cracking a smile to easing the room, humor will play a key role in a successful wedding toast. If done correctly, the right amount of humor can certainly act as the perfect ice breaker for your reception.
- Personal touches. If you are provided with the opportunity to give a toast to the happy newlyweds, chances are that you are close the them. Perhaps a sibling or a best friend, you have had many experiences with them, those of which could create some wonderful stories to tell. From being absolutely terrible at sports or from taking hours upon hours to get ready, you have all the knowledge about the couple. Reflecting personal touches throughout your toast will provide some light-hearted fun.
- Quick tips. While you may have prepared the perfect toast, there are some aspects that you should take into consideration when planning for your moment.
- First off, practice makes perfect! And this especially comes to your toast. While the words may be on paper, it is important to practice to make sure you are comfortable speaking it.
- Second, consider avoiding alcohol before giving your toast. Seeing as alcohol can be a key factor in altering our normal persona, it can pay to hold off on the drinking to ensure that your toast comes off exactly as you would like it to.
- Last, bring a written copy of your toast with you. While you may think that you will remember every word, things change. Nerves can kick in or maybe even a couple drinks. If you bring a written copy of your toast with you, you can ensure that no heartfelt word will be forgotten.
When it comes to your wedding toasts, they should represent nothing but you as a happy, now newlywed, couple, beginning your journey in life together. Here at Rose Petal Events, we believe that each and every wedding should reflect you as a couple. If you are ready to begin your California wedding planning, be sure to contact us today.
Photo Source: https://pixabay.com/